Wednesday, 30 December 2009

2016

I had always suspected that the year is arbitrary and according to historians it is highly likely that it is somewhere between 2014 and 2018. I'm again being arbitrary and choosing 2016. You see our year is based on the Christian calender and was calculated many years after Jesus' birth by a monk tasked to do so by the Romans. This level of incompetence has us entering 2010. Really it is just another day.

The astrological clock I can trust, but the actual year number is a load of shite - a reference point for us to track the last couple of thousand years since it was counted. Surely we couldn't have miscounted a whole year since that year zero was set? I've confidence in that. All I know is that I'm still 27. Take it this way, The Earth has orbited The Sun 27 and a bit times since I was born. I've been keeping a close eye on it. Happy 2016.

No comments:

Post a Comment