Wednesday, 1 May 2013

The Tree of Life

Here are three trees that are part of my life. There are actually five trees I can think of that affected so much as to remember them. The two I haven't got pictures for are not included as I don't have a picture, and so will probably visit them soon and update. Road trip!


The first tree is one that represents what I think true love is. True Romance is carving names in nature...
... or digging each others grave in the woods, side by side, and filling your others with the dirt from your own - keeping each other alive.




The second tree is one that more than a few birds call home. It's like an ant colony of bird's nests. I bet they have some cuckoo parties. Sorry about that - it's a language trick, not a joke.
The third tree is the tree of hanging shoes, which is eerie and surreal if you associate the shoes with living people. There are either a lot of missing people somewhere, or a lot of people missing a shoe.


Edit: As promised, and I don't know who I promised, here are the two trees that I have no picture for. The first one was known to us as teenagers as The God tree and I've just sketched out it's position near the lake.



Hopefully The God tree still stands unlike what I now call The Gone Tree. The Gone Tree is now one of those new-build estates.



So I have 4/5 trees left. Maybe they are my life force, like lives in a computer game. Sometimes when you kick over bin and walk over a full cooked turkey or an apple your current life goes up a bit, but extra lives come along occasionally too. I should plant a tree.

Edit Edit: And so here is The God Tree in light dispersing beauty.


No comments:

Post a Comment